If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Help!

My idea was to make an Old Mother Dear Jane Hubbard.
But the center block is too big.  I'd have to make spacer (ie sashing) of about 1/2" between the blocks or even less. I've thought about just taking the sashing off the center block and cutting it down 1/2"on each side.  or just having spacers at the corners. I like the proportion of the sashing to the center.

What should I do?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

6 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful x

Carmen y Prady said...

Precioso, y un trabajo perfecto.
Un beso

Denice said...

Make the sashing wider. Once you take up the seam allowance you won't even notice the difference. Such a cute idea.

Jo said...

I would trim 1/4" off the centre square and 1/4" off the red border if there is enough left for seam allowance

dq said...

I like the red border around the larger block so I would do whatever it takes to keep it or to at least keep a portion of it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janiacs!
I've written an article about Dear Jane and other intricate sampler quilts over on Quilting Focus, a quilting directory blog. I've asked for commenters to give us an insight into the reason why quilters are drawn to making these quilts and how they turned them into their own. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
https://quiltingfocus.com/2015/12/dear-jane-quilts/
Cheers!