If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact either Dawn or myself (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Me again with E-13

Thanks for the nice comments on my post yesterday, I sure appreciate it! Quilting is indeed good therapy, as well as friendship.Today I finished the last block in row E. I didn't like the way it was diagrammed in the book, so I made mine to look like the actual picture of the block. I pieced the triangles, the strips around it and the interior triangles the traditional way. Then I appliqued the small blue triangles to the corner triangles and stitched them on. I like it!

I have stitched the first row together with the sashing, but I think I will take it apart again, in favor of sewing my blocks in chunks instead of rows. Besides that I think I might want to arrange my blocks differently because I haven't really been planning the arrangement of the different blues. It might look ok as I have them, but it might need some tweaking and that will be harder if I sew my rows together now. For now I am just gong to concentrate on getting more blocks finished!

3 comments:

LynCC said...

I've redrafted a few blocks, too - usually to simplify how it's put together, but sometimes, like you, because it didn't look like the picture. And I am soooo in love with your blues! :D

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow.....I love your blues as well!

Dawn said...

Simply Beautiful Pamela!