If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

K-6 Unwonked

As I prepared to join the blocks in Row K, I realized that K6 – Ann’s Folley was screaming to be unwonked. The source of the problem? The long sides of the triangles were cut on the bias. Tonight I noticed that another block made with the same pink fabric also got wonky. The fabric is pretty cheesy -- it's going to stretch and wonk every chance it gets. To fix this block . . .


I pulled off the side pieces . . .

trimmed the sides to straighten them . . .

drew new seam lines on the back . . .

cut new pieces for the sides and sewed them together.








I'm really glad I took the time to fix this, or it would have been next to impossible to set into the sashing.

5 comments:

Hilachas said...

All's well that ends well. In the end, it is beautiful!

Minka said...

Thank you, Hilachas. I'm glad I fixed this one.

Vicki ♥ said...

It feels good to unwonk things doesnt it? It looks great and I bet you feel so much better about it too :) hugs Vicki x

Retrogirl said...

Don't you love the blocks that can be fixed instead of going into the redo pile {or is that just me??} =)

Minka said...

Vicki and RETRO,
Yes, it does feel good to unwonk things!