If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Last block for the year

I haven't posted on the blog this month, this block is my fourth one for my Rainbow Jane, a fairly straightforward foundation paper pieced block.  The thread I used for this block was a Wonderfil Deco-Bob, which is an 80 wt - 2 ply polyester thread, for my previous blocks I used Aurifil Cotton Mako 50.  They are both excellent threads, more importantly (to me) they are both quite fine threads and when making blocks which are quite "seamy" as some of the Dear Jane blocks are, anything that helps to reduce the bulk is a good thing.


I9 - Chase a Myth

4 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

What a marvelous 3-D affect.

manos de chicureo said...

I liked the gray fabric background. This fabric gives a nice effect.
Yasmin
patchworkmipasion.blogspot.com

Paula said...

Pip, I knew it was your block before I saw your name, your background fabric is so BEAUTIFUL.
Happy stitching,
Paula

Julianne said...

Almost looks 3D!!