If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

First block completed

I received my fabric pack of Dear Jane Fabrics late January. Finally this afternoon i cut my first block. A1. Lets start at the very beginning as the song says.

Here is the result:

Not trimmed but that is the block.

Ive cut out A2 and A6. A6 has no triangles. Thought I needed one a little but easier!

Tonight was the return of "Downton Abbey". Over the Christmas break we've caught up with the first two series on DVD. As much as I hate the thought of trying to keep up woth a tv series, I'm hooked and just had to see if Mary and Matthew would really make it to the altar! They did! And throughout I stitched my Dear Jane. And through another episode
of "Castle".

cheers

Marg H

7 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Congrats on your first finished block. Welcome to the adventure that is DJ.

Lynette said...

Yay!! You're an official Janer now. ;D

Wendy said...

Congrats on your first block! It looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

great block Marg and i love Downton abby also.xx

Vicki ♥ said...

Your block looks great Marg and now you have got the ball rolling. I enjoyed Downton Abbey last night also and choked up when Mary walked down the aisle :) hugs Vicki xx

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I am still trying to choose the right fabric from my stash to get started. I feel I want to make all the triangles the same size on block 1. Why are the corner triangles smaller than the others ? Marion x

Marg said...

I just followed the book! Think it's to do with the title - pin wheel gone awry?? Be easier if they were. So, so small. But I'm pleased I'm underway!