If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact either Dawn or myself (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

First block completed

I received my fabric pack of Dear Jane Fabrics late January. Finally this afternoon i cut my first block. A1. Lets start at the very beginning as the song says.

Here is the result:

Not trimmed but that is the block.

Ive cut out A2 and A6. A6 has no triangles. Thought I needed one a little but easier!

Tonight was the return of "Downton Abbey". Over the Christmas break we've caught up with the first two series on DVD. As much as I hate the thought of trying to keep up woth a tv series, I'm hooked and just had to see if Mary and Matthew would really make it to the altar! They did! And throughout I stitched my Dear Jane. And through another episode
of "Castle".

cheers

Marg H

7 comments:

ANudge said...

Congrats on your first finished block. Welcome to the adventure that is DJ.

LynCC said...

Yay!! You're an official Janer now. ;D

Wendy said...

Congrats on your first block! It looks wonderful!

shez said...

great block Marg and i love Downton abby also.xx

Vicki ♥ said...

Your block looks great Marg and now you have got the ball rolling. I enjoyed Downton Abbey last night also and choked up when Mary walked down the aisle :) hugs Vicki xx

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I am still trying to choose the right fabric from my stash to get started. I feel I want to make all the triangles the same size on block 1. Why are the corner triangles smaller than the others ? Marion x

Marg H said...

I just followed the book! Think it's to do with the title - pin wheel gone awry?? Be easier if they were. So, so small. But I'm pleased I'm underway!