If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

After 10 years, Dear Jane begins....




I fell in love with Jane when Brenda's book first came out. However as a single mom working three jobs and trying to keep body and soul together, I bought the book and just dreamed of having some time to work on it. That was almost 15 years ago. Several years ago, I saw the BOM on the Stitchin Heaven website and ordered the fabrics and block hints and awaited their arrival for all 24 months of the program. Still no time to really get started. Now my children are raised, I remarried, I moved, and I retired......voila......time to begin Jane. Most importantly, I met several friends who either have begun Jane or want to and we met this last week at a retreat. Today, in the above pix, you can see all 24 BOM's, my notebook with the hints from the BOM carefully filed, and a sticker about NO PAIN, NO JANE that one friend gave me. In the little plastic ziploc bag you can see I have block A-1 cut out. I am happy to report that that little block is now FINISHED. Can I officially call myself a Janiac now? I don't have a blog but hope to report in with progress monthly. Quilter 501 up in NE Washington state.

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

And now you are alllllllllll ready to go!

Jean said...

I love Jane too, that one takes a lot of patience!

Lynette said...

Yay! :D Sounds like it's time to be friends with Jane. Welcome to the group!

John'aLee said...

I am impressed at your organization. Looks like you are ready to go!