If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Some good progress & How I Make My Chart

Since my last posting I have finished these Baby Janes, which brings me oh-so-close to being caught up with the monthly fabric deliveries!

TR4
TR5
TR6

TR7
B5
B8
C3
 So now it's this far along!


~*~*~*~

P.S.  Here is how I do my quilt chart. I'm not convinced that it's the easiest way, but it's the only way I've figured out so far. 

I have the Dear Jane software. When I load the photos into my computer, I open them with the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I crop them and then resize and rename them. The sizes and names are critical to work properly with the DJ software. 

Baby Janes = 40x40 pixels; names in the pattern mya3
Triangles = 40x60 for verticals, 60x40 for sides; names in the pattern tr3
Corners get 60x60; dunno the names yet, haven't got that far  ;D

Next, these files get moved into the right file in the program on my computer. 
The pathway is Computer > C > Program Files > Electric Quilt Company > Dear Jane > Pics > MyChart

Now start up the Dear Jane program. Click on "My Jane Journey," then "My Block Chart." The chart will pop up in a new window.

Now do a screen capture. Hold down the Fn key and push the Prt Sc key (on my keyboard above the delete key).

Open the Paint program, and click on paste. The screen shot will come up in Paint. Click on "Select" and then click on the corner of the chart. Drag with the mouse to outline the chart in the dotted line square you can make. Then click "Crop" back up at the top.  Save your quilt image and go put it on the Janiacs Unite blog.  :D

9 comments:

Lynette said...

::leaving myself a comment so other folks' will get to my mailbox:: ;D

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I finally figured out I need to leave myself a message as well....hard to teach 'me' (the old dog) new tricks.

Your work is fantastic and I love the colors bright and fresh!

Pamela said...

Maybe you could give us a lesson on how to make your neat layout with your blocks in it? I'm not highly computer literate and have never been able to figure out how to do that myself.

Pip said...

I can see the TATW starting to happen now, great progress.

Julianne said...

Lovely bright colours!! Good on you for tackling those triangles so early on!! They fill me with horror!!!

manos de chicureo said...

Thank you for the tutorial for the graphic.
Yasmin

Larissa said...

Thanks for the tute! I am loving how your quilt is developing -- it is going to look absolutely gorgeous when it is finished!!! ... I have yet to purchase my CD, but my book, rulers and fabric arrived last week ... now to finish off these assignments to get stuck into some blocks!!
Question ... do you paper or machine piece your blocks? They look very well aligned!!

Lynn Stevens said...

oh I wish I had time for quilting. I've only made one my entire life!
Gorgeous pieces.
Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck
hugs Lynn

Anonymous said...

I agree, your pieces are perfect and yes thankyou for the tutorial as I have done a couple in the DJ software but have trouble getting it onto my blog via the internet so copying and pasting it is an excellent idea, might have a play with that today sometime