If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Monday, November 7, 2011

First Blocks Finished


  I finally found some time to work on blocks this weekend.  Block A-6 will have to be re-done.  I got in a hurry cutting other fabric and detatched one corner.  D-13 was the first time I have done foundation piecing by hand and found that I really enjoyed it.  I plan to use this quilt to work on my handsewing skills.
Block A-6

Block D-13

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Sorry you have to re-make your block, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has done that! I'm usually shoving things to the side on my cutting table so I can use a tiny part of it and every so often end up cutting something that I didn't mean to.

Lynette said...

I love the rose in the center. :) Yeah, I'm finding my hand skills will get a terrific workout with this project! Don't you hate it when you cut a finished block? :P

Vicki ♥ said...

The rose in the centre is lovely :) Hugs Vicki x

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great fussy cutting.

John'aLee said...

Oh I can't wait to see your finished. Are you going to continue with pinks, purples and greens? Those are the colors I am choosing for mine!