If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact either Dawn or myself (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Monday, November 7, 2011

First Blocks Finished


  I finally found some time to work on blocks this weekend.  Block A-6 will have to be re-done.  I got in a hurry cutting other fabric and detatched one corner.  D-13 was the first time I have done foundation piecing by hand and found that I really enjoyed it.  I plan to use this quilt to work on my handsewing skills.
Block A-6

Block D-13

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Sorry you have to re-make your block, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has done that! I'm usually shoving things to the side on my cutting table so I can use a tiny part of it and every so often end up cutting something that I didn't mean to.

LynCC said...

I love the rose in the center. :) Yeah, I'm finding my hand skills will get a terrific workout with this project! Don't you hate it when you cut a finished block? :P

Vicki ♥ said...

The rose in the centre is lovely :) Hugs Vicki x

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great fussy cutting.

John'aLee said...

Oh I can't wait to see your finished. Are you going to continue with pinks, purples and greens? Those are the colors I am choosing for mine!