If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

G6..I never want to do that again

Now that we're a week in to 2012, I thought I would spend a snowy, NFL playoff filled day working on a Dear Jane block that had me very intimidated. G6, Papa's Star. It sits there, just to the left of center telling me, "I'm gonna be a doozie." In the time it took the New York Giants and the Atlanta Falcons to play a full 60 minutes of football, it took me to finish Papa's Star.

I used my Dear Jane software to print the foundation patterns because as you can see, parts of this block are itty bitty..  The 3 sections of the center star...
I placed my sewing scissors next to the pieces so you could get some perspective. See what I mean? They are TINY.  Here's the finished center star...
That's just a regular shirt button that I placed next to it. This center star is what took most of my attention,  i was trying to eliminate a lot of the bulky excess fabric because I know when the time comes it will be difficult to quilt through all those layers.  Adding the star points wasn't so difficult and went relatively quickly.
Papa's Star was tough. but I am happy with the results.  Just like the original Dear Jane, this block isn't perfect, but it makes me happy to have it behind me.

8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

OMGosh...that is so small. I think my fingers might be took big to handle that one.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Larissa said...

Wow! I'm glad I haven't seen this block yet!! It's gorgeous, but I'm not surprised it is fiddly!! You have done very well with this block Stephanie!!

KatieQ said...

Wow! That is tiny. The block came out great. My husband had the game on (rooting for the Giants), but I wasn't as productive as you were.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments ladies. I will say, once the broncos and steelers game started I was not so productive.

Vicki ♥ said...

Wow.....that centre is tiny!! Like BillieBee says.....my fingers might be too big but I will do my best when I do this block. Well done :) Hugs Vicki x

Pamela said...

Very true, that the original blocks were not perfect! I love that teeny tiny center - so cute. Well done!

Marg said...

Wow! Intricate - you have done amazingly well. I think I'd look at that and think applique - but to piece and do it so beautifully. Wow again!!