If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Janiac joins the group

Hi, I'm Sandi and I blog at Piecemeal Quilts. On a recent post, LynCC commented and let me know about your group, and boy am I glad she did! Not only is there eye candy galore here, I'm hoping that the inspiration and shared struggle will keep me going on my Plain Jane. Yep - "Plain Jane" is the name I've given it because I'm doing it entirely in solids. I chose a cool colorway comprised of blues, greens, purples and grey with a white background. I have the EQ software so here's an illustration of what it should look like:

Plain Jane 1
I started a little over a year ago with the understanding that I'd do three blocks a week. I planned it all out ('cause I'm a planner!) with charts and color placement and degree of difficulty. That lasted a little over a month, then I got to my first applique block. Mmm, applique, not so much. I tried skipping on to another pieced block, but other things happened and I sort of lost my quilting mojo. For eight months I wallowed in the bog of uninspiration, until finally I finished a quilt for my own bed. Finishes are invigorating, aren't they? At our next quilting day, I polished off two Jane blocks, and did another a week later. I also got moving on some other projects, and - woohoo! - the quilting mojo is back! Here's what I have for blocks so far:

Dean Jane progress
Not a lot, just sixteen blocks, but I really like the colors and as long as I keep in mind that this is a (VERY) long term project, I think I'll stay on track. So... thanks for the inspiration, and the opportunity to share my Jane journey with you!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Yay! Glad you came over, because I'll really enjoy seeing your blocks pop up every now and again. Just love your colorway.

Julianne said...

Hi Sandi,
I love the colour choice! It never ceases to amaze me how many different ways people tackle this quilt. It makes each one so special and I love watching them all come together. Purple and green look fabulous together!!

Pip said...

I like your colours as well, maybe you could do an applique block every second block you make, that way you will get them done.

Sue Daurio said...

Wow, that is anything but plain! I love your colors!!

manos de chicureo said...

I like the colours. You are welcome.
Yasmin