If you want to be a member of Janiac's Unite blog to post pictures of your Dear Jane blocks then please contact me (Vicki) in the Contact Us Page.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Using EQ7 and Dear Jane quilt

I've been completing the lessons on the EQ7 program for Dear Jane.  Looks like a fantastic program for designing quilts and making changes.  I want to make the classic Dear Jane so will probably not need most of the features, but I'll be able to print out the patterns for the blocks so that will save some time - I hope!

I've been reading Brenda's book - she has some great hints for completing the blocks.  I've picked a few easier ones - as I'm on holidays and have a limited range of sewing tools.  Although probably more than Jane did when she made her original quilt!!

Hoping for some real progress to show soon.

Cheers

Marg 

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Will be nice to see it.

Kats Studio said...

I have EQ7 and the DJ program. It really makes it easier to create the blocks, especially if it can be paper pieced.